Monday, December 15, 2014

Bows

Each month we get a new colored pencil magazine at school and each issue has a different colored pencil challenge in it, where you have to recreate the picture of that month using at least 80% colored pencil. For the November issue we had a picture of these bows that lots of people use on presents at Christmas. I really didn't want to do this one, I felt that the bows were going to take a long time to do and I personally felt that the picture was pretty boring. I started on it like the first weekend in November and I would work on it little by little each day but mainly on the weekend, so far I was really liking it. Then Thanksgiving break came up and I knew I was going to be out of town so I decided to take the colored pencils and drawing with me to work on while I was gone. I did work on it some, but I guess I left it there because when I got home I couldn't find it. I looked everywhere and no matter where I looked I couldn't find it. So basically I had to started all over with only like a week and a half or so to completely redo it. I ended up cropping the picture a lot and making the drawing really small so I would be able to finish by December 10th. First I started out by just drawing an outline of each bow. Then I started with the colored pencil. It took forever, there was a lot of shading to do to make sure all of the bows looked 3-D. The gold bow was the hardest to do because it reflected a lot of the other colors around it as well as the gold color it was. It was definitely difficult to get everything done and make sure it looked right. To be honest I liked the original one better than this one but I still think it turned out okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment