Sunday, April 27, 2014
Artists Communicate Through Their Work: The main theme for this piece was to pretty much ruin your childhood and make you feel depressed for the rest of the day, and it accomplished what I wanted it to. When we did the Feel Good Friday for this project most of the comments were saying that this was something they had never thought about before or that I had ruined their childhood or that they were really sad now, but overall the piece was well done. Even I was sad as I worked on it, Peter Pan has always been one of my favorite Disney movies so taking such a dark twist on something I love was really hard for me to do. It made it easier for me to imagine how people felt as they looked at the final piece because it made me feel the same way.
Friday, April 25, 2014
For this project we each had to create a poster for The Art of Apex High exhibit at the Halle Cultural Arts Center. First I chose a gradient background and then I put the diamond gradient over top. Next I found three different fonts to use for the text and decided where each part should go. Then I added some of the pictures that are going to be in the show and added a background to each one. I felt like it was empty toward the bottom so I added a few different brushes.
Tuesday, April 22, 2014
For this project we had to choose a person or item of our choice and use the techniques we've learned over the past few days to edit it. After I picked the person I was going to focus on, Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer, I had to crop the picture so there wasn't a background. It took forever, especially around his hair. Next I had to pick a gradient background, I picked one that had the dark blue to go along with his shirt. I also wanted the white look like a spotlight shining on him. Then I tried the displacement to make it look like there was two of him, sadly no matter what I did it distorted it to much where you couldn't see his face. To make up for that I replicated the picture and lowered the opacity, so it looked like he is fading into the background. After that I found a bunch of different brushes that all look like spray paint and added them all around the picture. I felt like it was missing something so I found a graffiti font online and added lyrics from his band's song Unpredictable to the picture. I couldn't decide what color to make the text so I decided to take a shade of blue and add the Linear Light mode to it. So far this has been my favorite project we've done.
Wednesday, April 16, 2014
The Idea: Our idea is to write PRIDE in the courtyard with chalk in black and yellow, school colors. At first we came up with a bunch of other words and phrases, like Come Together and Enchilada, but we decided on Pride since it would go with the school and was much shorter. We ran into some problems when the janitor wouldn't let us use the chalk under the overhang and on the ground, so we had to regroup and change the materials that we're going to use. Now instead of chalk we're going to do it in colored duct tape to match the school colors.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
During this project we had do each download a brush of our choice from Brusheez. I choose this swirly type brush that looked really cool. After we downloaded it into Photoshop we got to play around with it and all the different setting like we have been working with.
For the next tutorial we got to make our own brushes. First we had to find a picture to use, I decided to use a butterfly. Next we had to change the picture to a brush by going under edit and choosing define brush preset. Then we got to play around with the different setting that go along with the brushes.
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
For this project we learned how to create our own stamps in Illustrator. First we copied a coloring page of our choice into Illustrator. Then we colored in the picture how we wanted. Next we saved it as a stamp and used the spray can tool to make copies of our original picture. Then we moved them around and changed their colors so they don't all look the same.
Tuesday, April 8, 2014
For this project we had to make these 3D symbol things. You start out by making a a circle and add a gradient to it. Then we added a S on top of it and cut out the shapes around it to look like a Yin Yang symbol. After that we added another circle that was smaller so it looked like it fit inside the holes in the Yin Yang and changed the color of it so it didn't match. Next we added a smaller circle so it looked like it was inside the S-shaped parts and changed the colors.
Monday, April 7, 2014
For this project we had to make a duck in Illustrator. First we had to outline around the duck and then we added a gradient of our choice. Then we did the same thing to the other parts of the duck, like the beak and eyes, making the duck look more like the original picture.
During this tutorial we had to create flowers using Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator is a lot different compared to Photoshop, I prefer Photoshop personally. First you made a star shape and you shape it so it looks more like flower. Then you can change the colors to whatever. Next you add a circle to the middle that matches the flower colors. Finally you can change the size of each flower.
For this project we each had to make a cinemagraph, which is like GIF but only one part of the picture moves. I chose to use one of my videos that I took during a concert that I went to recently. I decide to have only the lead singer move while the rest is still. It was really hard since the stage lights kept changing but overall I think it turned out really well.