Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Perrie Edwards as a Bratz Doll

For this project we had to take a celebrity of our choice and turn them into a different cartoon character. I choose to turn Perrie Edwards from Little Mix into the blonde Bratz dolls. Every Bratz doll has certain features that let people know that they are a Bratz. Each doll has big lips, head, and feet. They also have really thin arms, legs, and torso. While working on this project those features were very important to include. I mainly used the liquify tool to make her appear thinner. Then I used the lasso rope tool and transformation tool to make her head larger than her body. Finally I used the blur tool to blend parts together that didn't look right. 

Monday, February 24, 2014

Snapshot #2: Appropriation


4. Artists take risks: 
For this project I decided to do it in Oil Pastels which I only used a few times before. It took some time to blend the colors together and make them look good. 

6. Artists solve problems:
I had a lot of challenges during this project because for most of the project I had to use my left hand. Since I'd sprained my right arm and  couldn't use it I had to use my left hand. I'd never had to use my left hand for any project before so it was difficult to work with.  

7. Artists reflect:
Every once and a while I'd go back and look over what is done so far. After I'd finished planning I looked over my ideas to see if that's what I wanted to do. Then I looked back over everything after I finished sketching the final to make sure everything looked good.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

Retouch 2

For this project we had to retouch a picture. We pretty much improved our retouching skills by using other tutorials on the internet. I retouched her skin so it looked clean and clear. I also changed the color of her eyes so they were blue-gray instead of green.

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Retouch 1

For this project we had to take a photo of a person and retouch her so it looked like she was in a magazine. First we had to remove all the blemishes and freckles from her face to make her face look clearer. Then we had to lighten her skin so it didn't look as dark. Finally we could use the liquify tool and make her eyes larger and her face thinner.  

Monday, February 17, 2014

Paint Splat Project

For this project we each had to add paint splats to a picture of our choice. I choose the guitar player from my favorite band and decided to add the paint splat to his hair. First I had to drag the paint splat onto the picture and match it to the color of his hair. Then I had to size the paint so it was proportional with the rest of the picture. Finally I had to blend the paint so it looked like it was part of his hair.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Snapshot #1: Appropriation

1. Artists create original art:
We brainstormed a bunch of ideas together as a group, and then I used one of those idea but fixed it a bit. For the final project I'm going to use pictures as references for the cats and dogs. 

2.  Artists develop art making skills:
For this project I decided to use Prisma colors. I've used them a few times in the past but I want to improve them with this project. 

5. Artists collaborate:
We all brainstormed a bunch ideas with are tables that went along with the idea of appropriation. Then we picked the top five to share with the class. I ended up choosing one of the ideas we came up as a base for my final. 

Friday, February 7, 2014


For this project we had to take two different animals and combine them to make one new animal. I  decided to combine a white lion cub and a polar bear cub. First I cut the polar bears head and moved it onto of the lion's head. Then I had to size the polar bear's head to the lion's body and erase any extra parts away. Finally I had to blend the two parts together so it doesn't look so obvious. 

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Splat Elephant

For this project we had to add paint splatters to the trunk of an elephant. First you had to size the paint splatters to fit the size of the trunk. Then I had to erase around the edges of the trunk so  none of the paint was off the trunk.  Finally you had to darken the paint later so it looked like it was part of the trunk.

Cartoon Project

For this project we had to Photoshop someone with a cartoon character. I choose to Photoshop my little sister and dog with tweety bird. First I had to crop my sister and dog out off the original picture and move them to the new background. Next I had to crop tweety bird into the picture with them. I decided to put tweety bird on top of my dogs head so it looks like they are all posing for a picture by the fire.

Monday, February 3, 2014

Colorized Dancer


Our third project was to take a picture and colorize it. First you have to change the image from color to black and white. Then you create a new layer and add a mix of different colors on to that new layer covering all the black. Next you bring out the image below so the color is on top of the original image. Finally you blend the colors together so it looks cleaner.  

Text Project

For this project we had to include text into the rest of the project. I choose to draw a boombox and have lyrics and music notes coming out of the speakers. By adding the lyrics it makes it look like you can see the words to the song playing. 


Our first project was about tension. We each had to draw something related to that topic. I choose to draw magnets because they atract to each other. When you go to pull them apart there's tension between the two.