Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Interior Spaces

The theme for this project was interior spaces. I had a really hard time coming up with ideas for this project. I didn't want it to be something that had been done before, I wanted it to be different. I came up with the idea to do the inside of my backpack one afternoon while I was working on homework. I quickly put everything back inside my backpack and took a few pictures, the first few weren't that good everything was straight and boring... there was nothing interesting about it at all. Then I got the idea to angle some of my notebooks so you could see more things and it added the different lines that I needed. For this project we had the option to choose what ever medium we wanted. I choose oil paints again because I liked the way the oils blend and I liked the way my last project turned out. Like last time I started out with a wash, a blue one this time, and then sketched out the design onto the canvas. I really didn't have an organized way of painting this one, I kind of just choose a color and painted all the spots that were that color. I started off with the light blue on the binder and then I painted the white part on the binder. After that I started on the black but only the parts on the inside of the backpack. Next I painted the different yellow shades on notebook, notepad, and folder. Then I went back and added the blue and red on the other notebook. After I painted all the covers of each notebook I went back and painted the white pages on each. The last thing I did, and the hardest, was paint the backpack itself. My backpack is plaid so it was really had for me to figure out how to paint the design. By the time I got to the end I was really frustrated that it wasn't looking like I wanted it to, but I guess it turned out okay in the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment