Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sparkle Project

For this project we had to choose a person or item of our choice and use the techniques we've learned over the past few days to edit it. After I picked the person I was going to focus on, Luke Hemmings from 5 Seconds of Summer, I had to crop the picture so there wasn't a background. It took forever, especially around his hair. Next I had to pick a gradient background, I picked one that had the dark blue to go along with his shirt. I also wanted the white look like a spotlight shining on him. Then I tried the displacement to make it look like there was two of him, sadly no matter what I did it distorted it to much where you couldn't see his face. To make up for that I replicated the picture and lowered the opacity, so it looked like he is fading into the background. After that I found a bunch of different brushes that all look like spray paint and added them all around the picture. I felt like it was missing something so I found a graffiti font online and added lyrics from his band's song Unpredictable to the picture. I couldn't decide what color to make the text so I decided to take a shade of blue and add the Linear Light mode to it. So far this has been my favorite project we've done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment