Sunday, April 27, 2014

Final Time Post

Artists Develop Art Making Skills: I've never really liked doing painting, I always feel like I don't have as much control for details. That's why I usually do drawings over paintings. So I decided to try something different and attempt a painting for this project. With this project I felt like I improved my paint mixing skills and detail work with a paint brush. It was really hard to get the little lines, I felt like I couldn't find a brush small enough.
Artists Communicate Through Their Work: The main theme for this piece was to pretty much ruin your childhood and make you feel depressed for the rest of the day, and it accomplished what I wanted it to. When we did the Feel Good Friday for this project most of the comments were saying that this was something they had never thought about before or that I had ruined their childhood or that they were really sad now, but overall the piece was well done. Even I was sad as I worked on it, Peter Pan has always been one of my favorite Disney movies so taking such a dark twist on something I love was really hard for me to do. It made it easier for me to imagine how people felt as they looked at the final piece because it made me feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment