Friday, January 10, 2014

Character Project

 

For this project we each had to create at least two character, a protagonist and an antagonist, and create a story to go along with them. First I had to come up with the characters and what I wanted their story to be. I ended up creating Ali Steele, a seventeen year old "hipster" who just moved to Chicago, and Zayn Malik, an eighteen year "badboy" who always gets what he wants. I just started sketching what I wanted them to look like and found some references to help me draw different body positions and clothes. Then I started on their story and setting. I decided that the scene would be in one of the school's hallways and that Zayn would try and kiss Ali even though she has a boyfriend and doesn't like Zayn at all. At the end if the scene Zayn traps Ali against one wall, feeling defenseless Ali knees Zayn in the crotch. Once he recovers Zayn pulls Ali back and slaps her across the face warning her that she will regret ever messing with him. After drawing the environment, I started on the final copy. I drew it in pencil first, then outlined of parts with a fine tip Sharpie, and colored the rest with the water-colored pencils. This was my favorite project and I think it turned out really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment