Sunday, December 15, 2013

Figure Drawings

Over the past few weeks we've been working on figure drawings and drawing different body shapes/positions. When drawing figures proportion is really important, because everything would look weird if we had like one arm bigger than the other or one foot that's smaller. Since the drawings are 2D shading is really important to give the feeling that's it's really 3D and that it has volume. Before we started this we did a lot of gesture drawings and times drawings... I didn't really like them because I can be a perfectionist and want to add all the little details, even if I didn't like it they really helped working on basic positions and body shapes. I personally can't stand working with charcoal so I did this drawing in pencil so I could get more details into the final project. Overall I think it turned out pretty good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment