Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Reflection Project

For this project we each had to draw a reflection of our choice. I chose a picture from when I was little it's a reflection of rain boots in a puddle after it rained. We had to use Prisma colors and had the option to use watercolors as well. I've only used Prismas one other time, they're not my favorite media to use but I think that you can add a lot of value with them. To start off I made a few practice sketches in my sketchbook over the weekend. Then on Monday I got another sheet of paper I practiced blending all the different colors I'd need on the final copy, it helped me get better at using the Prismas. After practicing a bunch I started on the final copy. First I sketched the picture out with pencil. My original plan was to draw the whole picture but I ended up cropping out part of the picture and focusing more on the rain boots instead of the full thing. After sketching everything out I started using the Prismas. I started out on the pants legs first, I had to use a lot of different colors to get the shade I wanted. After I got the first part done it made the rest a lot easier. Overall I feel like it turned out pretty good. The puddle ended up looking really good and you could tell which part was the reflection and which part was the actual object. 

No comments:

Post a Comment